Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
God's plan for Twin Oaks Presbyterian Church began to reveal itself in 1980, when a woman with a burdened heart walked the land where our church now stands. As we walked, she prayed, asking God to plant a church on this very spot. Over the years, God prepared the soil over which that woman prayed. In 1988, the land became the property of Covenant Presbyterian Church, which was outgrowing its facility. Covenant decided to maintain their current church and also send out a new sister congregation to plant a church, to eventually be located on this land.
The congregation first met at Parkway South High School in September 1990. In May of 1990, we gathered for the groundbreaking, the same ground over which the woman prayed in 1980! On February 9, 1992, we held our first worship service at 1230 Big Bend Road.
Soon we embarked on a further building project and added significant office space, many additional classrooms, a youth area, and a gymnasium. Around this same time, Senior Pastor Rodney Stortz launched a regionally broadcast radio program, "Oaks of Righteousness." God has continued to bless this church, and in 2002 we witnessed the birth of a daughter congregation, Spring Hills Presbyterian Church.
In March of 2003 the Lord took our founding pastor, Rodney Dennis Stortz, home after a long and courageous battle with liver cancer. Rodney's life, and death, inspired us all.
From 2004 - 2011 the church was under the godly leadership of Rev. Ronald Steel. As we walk with God into the future, we pray He will now use us to greatly impact our community and to continue to make His glory known both locally and throughout the world.